A little bit about my Summer Ministry in France




It is now very easy for me to write here about my ministry. I'll try to be succinct and write more than five lessons I learned during my ministry here helping a church in southern France.
I had three particular goals to learn here during my ministry: (1) to know more of Christianity in France, (2) to learn the language and the French culture and (3) to help the church in any way possible. Thanks to God I'm very glad to have actually learned much more than I imagined. These two months have been pretty intense for me.
I learned French in an intensive course, studying every day, about three hours a day. With that, I was able to interact more with the brothers in the church; to write sermons, translate them in French and preaching them in some Sunday services.
I visited some the brothers in the church and I attended some meetings of the church leadership. So also learned a bit of French culture over and over how the church is organized and managed by their leaders.
I learned that most French churches has between 20-80 members. Churches larger than that tend to be older or charismatic churches. Churches with more than one thousand members you can find only or primarily in major capital cities such as Paris.
I learned that Muslims are very numerous here and they try to influence the country with their culture, religion, values ​​and politics. If there is bad to have Muslims here? To have Muslims in this country we can see as an opportunity to preach the gospel to them too.
Treating about Protestant churches, we have here the Reformed Church as one of the largest denominations in the country, excluding charismatic. These Reformed churches tend to be very liturgical, valuing the art, for example, and some may be more liberal. I realized that pastors and trained leaders is a necessity here. There are pastors pastoring about five churches at the same time. Churches give benefits to encourage the formation of more pastors.
The lesson is nothing more than being connected so only to Jesus Christ, in other words, the complete subversion to the pragmatism, the whole ideal of all legalism! To Jesus to be the only content there may not be any other content.
I, Glauber, do not like to tell others what I like or what I do not like because it can separate me from the other. I prefer to learn to like what the other likes and avoid what he dislikes, thus avoiding differences, unfairness or favoritism. I think Paul followed this same ideology. That's what I learned in my relationships with people of many different cultures. I also learned not to look anyone as our enemy. And I learned many other things, but I've spent my text limit. For more than that, just come to me and talk with me personally! I will always be available! ;)

Glauber Destro
Jornalist
PS.: Não deixe de me seguir e de adicionar seu email para acompanhar o Blog!

Nenhum comentário:

 
Líder, não espere total aprovação dos outros Qual sua reação quando falam mal de você? Você corre atrás e discute? Atende às vontades dos outros? Tenta se livrar de qualquer forma e limpar seu nome? Afinal, que tipo de líder é você?
Leader, non aspettare la piena approvazione degli altri Qual è la tua reazione quando qualcuno parla male di te? Ti metti a discutere? Ascolti ciò che dicono gli altri? Eviti di essere formalista e ci tieni al tuo nome? Allora, che tipo di leader sei?
Leader, do not expect full approval of the others What is your reaction when people say bad things about you? You run back and discuss? Meets the desires of others? Attempts to get rid of this situation in any way and clear your name? After all, what kind of leader are you?